Saturday, August 15, 2015

Review: Savage Light by Janeal Falor



Marsa has always struggled with the fact she goes unnoticed. Her best friend is the one chosen to rid the world of all evil; the man Marsa loves barely knows she exists; and her sole remaining family member dies at the hand of the last evil man in the world.

When all evil is finally defeated, Marsa thinks she'll at last have the life she wants, even if her mother isn't there to share it with. And maybe she'll discover the love of her life loves her back. Only a new quest is set before her and her friends. By the end of their journey, Marsa will question everything she knows. She'll have to redefine how she wants others to notice her, before their entire world is destroyed.



Review:


Rate:  



Would like to thank Janeal Falor for gifting me this book for a honest review.

I am a big fan Janeal Falor's Mine series great series. This series is very different, we get evil beings that are needing to be killed. A battle between good and evil...

We are introduced to Marsa a young girl on the good side the Zophas, trained to protect and having just lost her mother to one of these evil Malryx people . I was a bit confused on how are these beings are evil? I would of liked a little bit more information about them, But we do get answers. Her best friend Kaylyn who is now like their warrior leader is a bit cold at first I guess and I didn't get much from her. But the evil is not really gone it has changed. Into what I am not very sure yet. After Marsa and a small group embark on this journey to investigate what is happening, things are changing. Marsa is scared and was not happy about doing this journey and just wanted life to get back to normal in a sense, but she could not let her best friend go off without her. Jarrin the boy Marsa is in love with was very... I really do not know what to say about him we did not get much interaction with him either. 

"My thoughts whirl together as I follow Azleco's instructions. Kaylyn and Jorrin and darkness and sheep and blood. It's all mashed together like a nightmare I can't escape."


Towards the middle and towards the end of the book, we see Marsa start to notice things about Jarrin and Kaylyn, but just tends to brush things off instead of just speaking up and asking questions. We start to see Kaylyn start to unravel a bit and show some feelings and maybe some guilt. 

"Kaylyn's arms wrap around me, easing some of my panic, though making my battered by body remember how much it hurts. But I don't move. I don't say anything. "
"I'm so sorry, she sobs. "I'm so, so sorry. The way her tears soak my shoulder does more to calm me than anything else. Calm? More like shock me. This isn't the strong girl who's always leads us. This darkness is tearing us to shreds, even the strongest. "

We start to see Marsa really  open up and sees whats going on around her and speak up a bit. Then we get to the end and things take a very big twist and I loved it!!! I loved how things kinda came together and we see this whole other side of Marsa, the real Marsa. 






No comments:

Post a Comment